Friday, June 25, 2010

We Are Ready!!

So this week at my doctors appointment they announced that my blood pressure was a little on the high side (139/76). With Beau I was induced at 38 weeks after having high blood pressure for about 2 weeks. I was hoping with Avery that I could experience going into labor on my own.... but it is now looking like her appearance will mirror Beau's.

Oh Well, really I am excited either way.

So after my appointment on Tuesday I was thinking- WOW I will be 36 weeks this Sunday and if she will be induced at 38 weeks that means I only have 2 more weeks to prepare!!

My office threw us a baby shower on Thursday (Target Gift Card- YAY) so today Ben and I went shopping on our lunch break!
  • Changing Pad
  • Changing Cover
  • Receiving Blankets
  • Front Zip Sleepers
  • Snap-Up Onesies
  • Bows (girls gotta have bows)
  • Brush
  • Trash Can
All Done- now there is just washing and ironing left for the weekend!!

When were we in the hospital with Beau poor Ben must have been embarrassed.... I looked like some kinda swamp creature!! I was so focused on learning to breastfeed I barely showered never less changed my clothes. My attire consisted of the webbed panties (they give them to you and they are see through) and whatever tank I had on hand... Doctor's would come in and Ben would look at me like... are you gonna put some clothes on.... I am sure my look back said.... seriously, I just had a baby- whats left to see really....

This time I am expecting the experience to be easier... (now at least I know what to expect...) so I am planning to make myself more presentable. So that means new clothes!! I have bought several new comfortable items to make myslef feel better in the hospital.

The Essentials:
Bravado nursing tank
AT Loft Terry Shorts
AT Loft Pull Over Lounge Sweater
Bravado Sleep Bra

I also have some of my oldie favorites:
Victoria's Secret Sweats
White Waffle Robe
Soft Long Sleeve Shirts (neck cut out)

AND

A new outfit to wear home, a sweat skirt, tank, and a light zip front hoodie.

I don't know what it is about new clothes but it always makes me feel good.

So hopefully when you come to visit I would look like the creature from the black lagune but a version of my normal self....

No comments:

Post a Comment