Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Updates

This is the before picture of the wonderful chair we have for Avery's room, it was Ben's Great Aunts chair, it rocks and swivels and is super comfortable. I know she would be so excited to know that her little niece was going to be rocked and comforted in her chair!!
This is what it looks like now!! It is still a work in progress, but I have completed the main body of the slip cover. This photo is of the cover inside out, you piece a slipcover together inside out, sew, and then turn right side out. I still have to cover the cushion and make ties to close the areas over the wood, but I am super happy with how it is turning out. Believe it or not, it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be and this is a curvy chair.

Waiting on Me-Maw

We are all looking forward to Ben's parents visiting for the summer. His dad has been retired for a few months and his mom retired last week!! They are coming to visit the beginning of July for Beau's birthday and will be in Florida waiting on Avery for the remainder of July and will stay through August to enjoy their grand kids.

This past weekend Ben and I cleaned out Me-Maws and Poppies guest room. In the past when they come to visit they had to maneuver all the hunting gear and extra junk we had accumulated. This weekend I bought Ben 3 very large clear storage bins and we cleaned out the whole room! It was such a job!! By the end of the day Ben was aggravated (I made him re-arrange some pictures) and I could barely walk, but that is one more job off the list!
Align CenterI bought some new summer bedding as well a candle for the room to help freshen and brighten the room. (It has smelled like Ben's charcoal sent killer) Beau is so fascinated with the room that I can't keep him off the bed- (and I ironed those sheets!!). He just wants to go into the room and look for Me-Maw and Poppie and jump on their bed.

I couldn't resist capturing the moment, Beau is getting so big!! Last night he was standing at the back door looking out and I asked Ben, is he standing on something... (his head almost reached the door handles) - NOPE. I was in shock I don't know where the time have gone. In a few more weeks my baby boy will be 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment