Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Full Weekend

Although the weekend was full it wasn't really all that busy. I tried a few new recipes, completed and started some new projects.



Above is one of my new recipes- Homemade Doughnuts- YUM one of my favorite things on earth. You will find the recipe here:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/02/homemade-glazed-doughnuts/

It was kinda a lot of work (you make the dough the night before, then wake up an hour early to roll it out and cut out the doughnuts and allow them to rise before frying) but it was worth it. They were so yummy and the recipe makes a little over 2 dozen so you will be sharing and eating them for a few days.

I also made this for a get together with friends and I would highly recommend it!!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/apple-cake-in-an-iron-skillet/


I also completed my nursing cover. I am super excited about it! I didn't have one with Beau- I just used a blanket, which proved to be difficult, but I never forked out the $40 for one of these. Now that I have improved my skills I was able to make my own.... and reversible no less!!

I also started the very large project I have looming.... sewing a slipcover for my beloved chair.

It is actually coming along.... it won't be perfect but it will do the job and the fabric is super comfortable and was on sale!! I will have to take some work in progress pictures.

Ben and I have known this moment was coming. Beau has been able to climb in and out of his crib for some time now, but has elected to stay in the crib while sleeping/napping. Well, Saturday after lunch I put him down in his crib and went to sleep the floors. I was in the dining room when I see something out of the corner of my eye...

It is Beau with is passy (which he only gets when he is in bed) walking casually through the living room. We walks to the back door and looks out at his daddy... I follow him and look at Ben through the door.

So we all went into Beau's room and Ben and I sat there looking at his crib.... thinking what do we do?? We can't let him crawl over he could fall and hurt himself... We decided it was time- we were going to try and wait untill after Avery was sleeping through the night to begin this journey- but we removed the front of Beau's crib.


Whew what a journey...

The first evening I put Beau to sleep- he got up once, coming into the living room and (after several warnings) got a spanking. :( Then I took him back to bed and he slept all night.

Monday after lunch I put him to bed and I am in Avery's room working on the slipcover and I hear thud-dunk.... I pause and rush into Beau's room. There he is spralled on the floor in a sleepy daze. I quickly returned him to bed and he never even woke during the event.

Last night Ben went in to check on him before going to bed and found him spralled on the floor sound asleep. (I had had enough of this falling out of the bed and placed a king sized pillow in his way.) During the middle of the night I woke to "MMUUHHHA" (mommy with a passy in his mouth ) Beau is standing at my side of the bed sleepy duck and passy in tow. So I throw him into our bed and he is out. An hour or so later, Ben returns him to bed only for Beau to be back at my side King sized pillow in hand. (it was funny to see a child that small drag such a LARGE pillow) Needless to say I am tired today from being up in the middle of the night. However I am trying to think of it as training.

There are some upsides to all this trama... Sunday morning we hear Beau rolling around in his bed but instead of, "Babe, you go get em', no you go get em' " and so forth we hear the patter of little feet coming across the house and wake to a sweet smile and all of Beau's movable bedding (sleepy duck, blanky, and quilt). What a way to start the day!

Ben and I are hoping that this transition will only take a week or so and then transition him quickly to a twin bed. (which will provide for additional sleeping arrangements when family comes) Oh, and Ben is going to Wal-Mart this evening to buy a small protective bed rail to keep Beau from falling out in his sleep.

Our Little Boy Is Growing Up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment