Monday, June 14, 2010

Avery's Room

We are counting down!!
On Sunday I was 34 weeks and we pulled a lot of loose ends together in Avery's room! Mom brought over some furniture she has been re-doing for me, and I worked on the slipcover while Ben and my Dad put the vinyl monogram on the wall. It is really looking like nursery now!
I am almost finished with the slipcover and I am so proud of it!! Last night I finished some adjustments to the body of the cover and I almost finished the cushion. I still have to hem the bottom and have to attach the decorative ties across the wood areas (they will help to hide the orange you can still see). So I guess I still kinda have a lot to do... but at least it looks like a slipcover now...

Below was my inspiration picture for my slip cover. When I began I got a quote to recreated this slip cover for my very curvy chair- $400 (including fabric)! My fabric was $90- so I saved a bunch sewing it myself but it has been A LOT of work! It will be a while before I take on such a large project again.

This fabric looks like a linen or a light duct, where my fabric is a heavier woven fabric (that ravels a lot), I think that has made my project more difficult than a typical simple white slip cover.


Avery Kathleen Rush- makes a pretty monogram....


The bedding still needs to be washed and ironed... but we still have 5 or 6 weeks.
This is going to be her changer, beneath is her closet, and the small chest to the right will hold all her folded clothes as well as sheeting and blankets.
My mom painted this chest for me... isn't it beautiful!! This took several coats of paint and sandings!! Every little girl needs a picture of her daddy with his big kill- Ben's prize turkey from a few years ago (yes, that huge one in the house...) I got that Bible verse creation from: www.redletterwords.com. They really have some beautiful things if you have never visited the site you should check it out.

Mom also gave this table to us for Avery's room as well as painted it. It is made by Lane and is solid wood... she didn't sell it in her shop and I am so happy to have it! It is probably the prettiest side table in my house! Having a mom that is also an antique dealer definantly has it perks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment