Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So I didn't think it would happen this early...

Last night Ben discovered a puppy lurking around our house. By the looks of the poor thing it was defiantly a stray. Of course I felt bad for it and wanted to put it up for the night and then take her to the shelter.

So I decided the pup needed some food and water; it was so scared it had to be starving. I trapped the puppy in the garage and Beau and I go in and scoop some of Ace's dog food. I go back into the garage and pause for a moment to find where the pup is hiding. I find her and go and set the scoop of food on the floor. I walk back to the door, Beau still in tow.

I look at Beau and he smile so big and what do I see...

A PIECE OF DOG FOOD!!! When did that happen!!!

I guess at some point between me scooping the dog food and putting it on the garage floor Beau grabbed a piece and decided to eat it!!! So of course I almost gag my child and get the dog food out of his mouth!! GROSS!!!

I knew this was going to happen one day. It was inevieatable. But at 8 months old. I thought it wouldn't be at least untill 2!! WOW What a night.

Ben took the pup this morning to the shelter and sure enough the pup probably has everythign under the sun. Luckly our dogs have been warned and neither of us ever touched her, she was too scared. But I do have to bleach everything the dog touched, the garage, the kennel, Ben's truck bed, ect...

Boy Ben was right when he said I should have just left the dog alone. I just don't have the heart to leave a pup in the rain. So said, lonely, and hungry. Maybe she will be ok and someone will adopt her.

No comments:

Post a Comment