Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nursery

I am excited to say we have accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. The last time you saw the nursery it was clear of furniture but very cluttered with junk!!

We have moved all the junk out and have painted the walls!! I love the colors I picked. The white almost perfectly matches the ceiling color and the pink is perfect, bright but perfect!!
These pictures was taken with my phone, in person the pink is a deeper raspberry than it shows here.



Her crib sheets are draped over the crib in this picture and although the pink is not accurate you can see that the wall color perfectly matches the color in the bedding. I also am searching for a white shag run to go in front of the crib.... this one I purchased at Target but will be returning. It is too small (24 inch round). The room has hardwood floors, and echos so a large rug is a must!! Ben is worried about her waking Beau in the next room when she cries. Hopefully when I fill up the room it will help to drown the sound.
This is the beautiful iron crib we have been so thankful to BORROW from some friends!! The picture really doesn't do it justice. Ben assembled it to this point this past weekend- however we were missing some pieces. Finding the missing pieces was a stressful fiasco for a day- but everything is on order and was surprisingly inexpensive!! I received wonderful customer service from Child Craft Industries. If you are in the market for a crib I would DEFINANTLY recommend this company!! So within 3 weeks or so we will have the crib fully assembled and decorated. Pictures to follow!!

For now I (and mom) have to:

Paint a small side table.
Paint the armorer (green- wait till you see that post!!).
Find a 48' round white shag rug for under $100.
Sew a slip cover for my comfy chair.
Sew and install a curtain for beneath her changer.
Find a way to create storage in this room with no closet! (still the least of my worries)

My mom will be quilting a blanket to match the bedding- and hopefully teaching me to quilt at the same time and my sister Krysti will be creating some art for the room... (she dosn't know that yet...)

Stay tuned for our newest nursery projects!!


No comments:

Post a Comment