Monday, April 4, 2011

The Beach

We had a wonderful weekend!  Saturday morning I ran my first 10K (6.2 miles) in an hour and 18 minutes.  I was in the back of the pack but in my book I had done well!

After the race we headed to Bald Point Beach and had a wonderful time. 

 This was Avery's first trip and Beau's first memorable trip- he was so excited!  He played in the sand, looked for crabs and shells, but mostly enjoyed his freedom- walking wherever he wanted in a new place.

 Avery had a wonderful time to, she really enjoyed the sun- we didn't even need to put up the tent. Just lots of sunscreen and her hat!  She got into mine and Ben's lunch, a cold chicken pasta salad with zucchini, corn, and cherry tomatoes.  (See the tomato seeds)


 At one point she grabbed a cube of zucchini and quickly put it in her mouth (much to big for her to chew) I let her gum it for a second but then took it out- she wasn't too happy about that! ( I cute it in pieces and she was able to enjoy it)

 This girl loves to eat!

 Then everyone played in the sand.



I didn't get any pictures but Avery ate handfuls of sand!  She would reach down grab a handful and pop it in her mouth just like it was a snack!  YUCK, she just kept going like it tasted wonderful- so she and I went back to the blanket to play.

Beau had a wonderful time with his new dump truck- Thanks Erin & Brad!

Sunday after a wonderful nap time (mommy had a few hours to herself- even daddy slept) Ben and beau mowed the yard.
Avery and Beau love this sandbox, they play in it all the time- thanks Poppie for building it!

Saturday was so relaxing and Sunday was so productive. I was able to cut out my Easter dress ( I am making us matching outfits), read, made a great dinner with lots of veggies for Ben as well as dinner for Monday night!  I hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment