Saturday, October 2, 2010

North Georgia

We have been with lucky this past weekend we have enjoyed a wonderful vacation with Ben's parents and his grandmother. We have been in Blue Ridge, GA and have visited all the surrounding areas, including Rome, GA, which is where Ben's family is from. We have been all over these mountains visiting Rush Chapel, Rush Cemetery, and the Old Rush family plantation home and cemetery. We have traveled back in time through 8generations.

Beau Henley Rush and Avery Kathleen Rush
Benjamin Henley Rush
Timothy Henley Rush
Charles Henley Rush
Charles Howard Rush
Hosea Camp Rush
John Rush
George Rush



George Rush was born in 1755 and was in the revolutionary war!! This was amazing to me, although I know someone knows, I know little about my family history. I wouldn't even know where to find my grandfather of 7 generations ago or even what his name was.... I have decided I am going to work on learning my family genealogy this winter. Sometimes you don't know where you are going until you know where you have been.


My family is also from this area, I was born in Chattanooga, TN and most all of my relatives lay in Tennessee. These mountains are a part of my roots as well and they almost beckon your name.

In addition to the history lesson, we visited several waterfalls throughout North Georgia and North Carolina. We also visited a taxidermy museum with animals from all over the world (Beau was more interested in the live house cat than the stuffed bob cat it was sitting with...), a gem museum, and several state parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment