Friday, October 8, 2010

5 Years and 2 beautiful babies.

Today is our 5 year anniversary and we have been so blessed over the past 5 years. I am so lucky to have a loving husband. Ben has always been very encouraging and pushes me to become a better person. Today I have been reflecting on how much I have changed since we have been together, I am much more responsible and driven to achieve my goals. Ben is a very driven, goal oriented man, and those characteristics have defiantly "rubbed off". When we met I was 19 and had no idea where I was headed in life; today I have an amazing family and a career I love. I attribute much of my accomplishments to Ben, he is my encourager and my rock, I know no matter what the situation he will be there to see me through. It really is so easy to achieve if you have someone backing you all the way. I really don't know where I would be today without him. Ben is the most honorable, considerate, and loving man I know.

(and all of this has nothing to do with the beautiful plant he surprised me with to me this morning)

This has also been my first week back at work, and it has been wonderful!! Avery is at the same playschool that Beau attends and I love the nursery!! The girls that work with the babies are wonderful and pay special attention to each one (there are only 3 including Avery). On my first day back I had "world famous" brownies waiting in my desk and several baby gifts for Avery. The best part is I walk down the stairs twice a day to feed Avery, so I never feel any separation from her. I know she is sleeping while I work and when she wakes I go down to see her for 30 minutes or so. This is the prefect balance for me and makes work wonderful!

I am sure one day I will look back and remember this day as a high point in my life. I feel like I am back on the Blue Ridge mountains looking at my future stretched out like the blue sky in front of me. Life is wonderful- God in all his goodness has blessed Ben and I with much more than we deserve, 5 wonderful years and 2 beautiful babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment