Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nursery Updates...

This is what I have been working on lately...

This is my diaper bag, I found the pattern online ( http://tinyseamstress.blogspot.com// ) and made this in about 3 days. It was fairly easy, the only difficult part was sewing the pink lining to the purse. I still have a big bow to make for the outside for it to be complete, but I am super proud of it!

We are converting this built in desk to her changer. Below the changer I have a rod for her hang up clothes and plenty of room for storage and I made these curtains to hide it all.

These storage bins are my project for the week. I was originally going to sew new covers (in pink) but now I am thinking about just sewing a band to attach around the center of the bins to give them some color. Any creative ideas are appreciated!!

The colors of the nursery are pink and green with touches of black, my Grandmother always said, "every room needs a little black" and I am a firm believer in that theory, however it now seems to be everywhere. (the large curtains, the storage bin on the changer as well as a small side table) Don't worry we have a big green amore' going in to the room and the green lamp shade you see. I think that will balance everything.

Also this week I am planning to make these:

In white and pink to hang above her crib instead of a mobile... we will see how they turn out!!

Next week I am planning to start my biggest project to date... A slipcover for my wonderful chair!! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment