Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Race Day

My girlfriend Erin and I have been running for about 3 year together.  She first convinced me to run my first 5K - and I did horribly but it motivated me to work harder.  I have never been a big runner and NEVER thought I would run a long distance.  A few tears ago I made a goal to run 10 miles.  At that time even I thought I was nut.  I am happy to say I have achieved my goal and then some.  Erin and I ran a half marathon this past weekend in Apalachicola, Fl. 


Erin did a great job and ran the 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 30 min, which was our goal.  I made the first 10 miles in 2 hours and then got some really bad leg cramps in my thighs.  I knew if I stopped at all the cramps would take over and I wouldn't be able to move.  So I kept going walking and jogging a little.  It was pretty painful.  At the very top of the bridge, my family just happened to be driving by and got these pictures.  I pointed out the finish and stepped up my pace jogging m,y last 1/2 miles. I finally finished in exactly 3 hours.  Not exactly meeting my goal, but under the circumstances I was happy with my finish.

That bridge was steep too- you can see how high in the air we were at the peak of the bridge.

Erin and I after our finish! Way To Go!!

 This is a picture of me on that first 5K run- about 3 years, 300 miles, 1 baby, and 30lbs ago.

3 comments:

  1. Karah so awesome you did a half! That takes so much work and dedication- it must feel incredible!

    You look great, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! That's a great accomplishment!

    ~Ashleigh-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Soooo proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete